Saturday, October 25, 2008

~Gloomy Sunday~

I found a song...erm..it is very very interesting,very very attractive..well..it name 'gloomy sunday'..this song is very famous..why? erm..bcoz this is a 'song of suicide'..

sound horrible? or unbelievable? how a song cause suicide? erm..i dunno is it a curse or evil spell in tis song..this song give me lot of space of imagination..

have u watch 'the ring' before? ya..the japanese horror movie talk bout Yamamura Sadako..tat ghost will climb out frm TV one...i know it sound stupid..but tis song's background make me think bout 'the ring'..'u should send it or copy to another ppl..if not,u will die in 7day'...

wow..sound bullshit,rite? lolz...
let's talk bout tis song...tis is a song tat set to music in 1933 by Hungarian pianist and composer Rezső Seress,in which the singer mourns the untimely death of a lover and contemplates suicide.

Though recorded and performed by many singers, "Gloomy Sunday" is closely associated with Billie Holiday, who scored a hit version of the song in 1941.
Due to unsubstantiated urban legends about its inspiring hundreds of suicides, "Gloomy Sunday" was dubbed the "Hungarian suicide song"
in the U.S.. Seress did commit suicide in 1968, but most other rumors of the song being banned from radio, or sparking suicides, are unsubstantiated, and were partly propagated as a deliberate marketing campaign..this song have related with more then 150 suicide case that happened in euro n US..

erm...i think u can know more bout tis song if u search it in google,yahoo,msn or whatever search engine..just type in 'gloomy sunday'...
this song have 2 different version..1 in hungarian,n another one in english..here i post the 2 version of lyric..of coz,1st one is a translation version..since no one can understand hungarian here..

Gloomy Sunday (hungarian translation lyric)
It is autumn and the leaves are falling
All love has died on earth
The wind is weeping with sorrowful tears
My heart will never hope for a new spring again
My tears and my sorrows are all in vain
People are heartless, greedy and wicked...
Love has died!
The world has come to its end, hope has ceased to have a meaning
Cities are being wiped out, shrapnel is making music
Meadows are coloured red with human blood
There are dead people on the streets everywhere
I will say another quiet prayer:
People are sinners, Lord, they make mistakes...
The world has ended!

Gloomy Sunday (english version lyric)
Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumberless
Dearest, the shadows I live with are numberless
Little white flowers will never awaken you
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thought of ever returning you
Would they be angry if I thought of joining you
Gloomy Sunday

Sunday is gloomy, with shadows I spend it all
My heart and I have decided to end it all
Soon there'll be flowers and prayers that are sad, I know
Let them not weep
Let them know that I'm glad to go
Death is no dream
For in death I'm caressing you
With the last breath of my soul
I'll be blessing you
Gloomy Sunday

Dreaming, I was only dreaming
I wake and I find you asleep in the deep of my heart, dear!
Darling I hope that my dream never haunted you
My heart is telling you how much I wanted you
Gloomy Sunday


i have this song in my pc..n now i listening when i writting tis blog..well..i dun really like tis song at 1st..but..dunno..i feel its actually not bad...erm..is it the power of evil? lolz...
i dun care is it a song of devil, or a song of curse...yes,i admit the lyric was so~~~down n dark..look at the lyric..wow...none of 1 word was in good tone..its sad,dark,black,down..or..watever...

why i like tis song? y i blog it? erm...think maybe i get attracted by tis line in song...'Sunday is gloomy, with shadows I spend it all..My heart and I have decided to end it all' or because 'All love has died on earth..The wind is weeping with sorrowful tears..My heart will never hope for a new spring again..My tears and my sorrows are all in vain..'but for sure,tis will be the song on my funeral...lolz...

wanna listen tis song?
here's the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0hwlLEWOgk
(this is the version frm Billie Holidays,there still got sarah brightman version..but..i prefer tis version more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYw_RxbRhpE&feature=related
(this is the vlip frm the movie,the song in original version,but of coz,not original singer i think..i cant tell its hungarian or german..i think is hungarian..but anyway..i like this song..)

No comments:

Post a Comment